Monday 17 August 2009

My newest goodies.....

Brith; one of the owners of Sømsenteret. She is really good at sewingmachines.
Here she is showing me how my newest sewingmachine works.... Yes, I bought a overlookmachine; Bernina 800DL, this summer. I have never had such a machine, so I'm looking forward to create and sew with it!!!!
Every summer the business community of Gjøvik have one day with late hours. You can shop until you drop at midnight! You can always pick up a good bargain at Sømsenteret, and I did for certain :-)
But this is the sewingmachine I really want............., but I already have a great sewingmachine.
My buyings and gifts from this summer. One metre of japanese fabrics to the left bought in Bergen, all the fabrics at the back of the table are bought in Sømsenteret, Gjøvik, and Randi gave me a sewingbox (Bernina of course...) and a borderfabric with a lot of cows.
In our guild we had a member who died suddenly approximately four years ago. Who expect to die at the age of fifty? We were shocked when we heard the news about her death. Randi has finished several of her quilts, she is a really goooooood friend for many people. And this summer she gave me this borderfabric to remember Laila (it belonged to Laila before). I appreciate this gesture and will used the fabrics for something special.
Thanks to you, Randi!
My sewing place in the basement sitting-room. To the right I have the pc and to the left is my cutting part of the table. I also am the happy owner of a couple thousands books so my bookshelves are stuffed with these. Therefore I have to put my binders with patterns UNDER the table. You can see them in the picture :-)
But it works for me, so.......
My sewingmachine is a Bernina Artista 200 with embroidery unit. It is GREAT and gives you the opportunity to expand the limits of creativty.
My new Bernina 800DL.
We quilters simply LOVE to buy quilting og sewing remedy and a new sewingmachine is a quilters TOY.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails