Thursday 8 January 2009

A Christmas Quilters Poem


A Christmas Quilter
T'was a few weeks before Christmas and in my head was a plan
To make all of my Christmas gifts by my own hand.
Away to my scrap box in a flash I did fly.
With patterns in my head and a twinkle in my eye.

I cut and I sewed as merry as an elf.
Making things for others and not for myself.
A quilted vest for a teen-aged niece.
Quilts for the grandparents with love sewn in each piece.

Quilted covers for aunts' tabletops,
Away I go with hardly a stop.
On scissors, on needles, on thimble and thread,
Oh, hurry I must, for Christmas day is ahead.

A quilted diaper bag for the baby so new.
I may even quilt Santa a coat before I'm through.
Quilted beadspreads for Mother and Sis.
I still have a few left on my list.

Cushions with quilted tops and potholders done.
It's now Christmas Eve and I have a gift for each one.
So I sprang to my Volks wagon and made quite a clatter.
The neighbors ran to the windows to see what was the matter.

From one house to the other, I leaped like a deer.
Leaving my presents and hopefully cheer.
With best wishes to each for a Christmas so bright.
A tired, happy quilter drove away in the night.
(Author: Pat Everson)

Today's saying;
"Quilts connect the past with the present and the future."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails