Wednesday 21 January 2009

Life's a beach

"Sisters are like angels,
they lift us up
to our own feet
when our own wings
have trouble remembering
how to fly"
"Hoping you will join me here where there is nothing to do but offer love, friendship, support and fun to each other. This journey is a tough one ... let's hold each other up, laugh when we can, cry when we need to, find hope, courage, strength and love with the help of one another. Fun and laughter is important .. it's good for the soul and it's Great medicine! Looking forward to seeing good friends and meeting new ones!
Angel kisses and hugs, Charlene"
Beautiful said and the right recipe for an good caring friend, I think.
I couldn't wait to get my last cancer treatment behind me so I could begin living a full, fun life again. Sure a cancer battle changes us forever and we have a new normal, but no reason for that to be a bad change or a bad normal! I want to live my life to the fullest. We can wallow in self pity and misery or we can CHOOSE to make the most of the hand we are dealt. Is life a bitch or is life a beach? Is the glass half empty or half full?
Having said all that, I admit to still waking up at times scared "it" could come back. I usually just calmly tell myself that worrying about it isn't gonna change the outcome. Until someone tells me differently, I do not HAVE cancer, I HAD it.
Of course I worrying about my three daughters; are they going to experience what I did? But then I think; they will be followed up by all sorts of doctors and people with plenty of resources.
Just like the hot flashes from Tamoxifen got on my nerves at first, now it's just a little annoying.
Yep, everything seems to turn out right.
Hopefully for everybody :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails