Sunday 4 January 2009

Trip to Oslo

My youngest daughter is a skijumper. Last weekend she attended a competion in Oslo. While she and her father where in the jumping hill, I went to Kathrines Quilte Stue. She reopened her quiltshop a little time ago in new location. I'm not attending any fabric diet, so this is what I bought at her shop. The red fabric in front on the other hand, I found at Sømsenteret in Oslo. Sømsenteret in Gjøvik is my local fabric store. They have a lot of customary fabrics and I buy most of my fabrics there, but once a while it is fun to visit other quiltshops. And when I travel to Oslo, I have to visit Kathrines Quilte Stue.
Kathrine, the shop owner, is always very gentle and willing to help you. So if you ever visit Oslo, I will recommend that you visit this shop - it's truly unique and welcoming.
Outside the shop. What a great welcome with a touch of country and shabby chic.
I love the house :-)
A simpel but beautiful tablecloth on the counter.
This new shop looks wonderful. Very airy and fresh. One of the kind you want to spend a whole day in!
A bit of Christmas spirit from Kathrines Quilte Stue. Lovely little santas and fabric bundles.
Here you can see a lovely winter quilt sewn by Kirsten Anderson. Pattern from Bunny Hill Design I think.
Inspiring view from the courseroom towards the other backroom.
A bag placed on the ironing board. Great grey color.
In the new sewing class room this wonderful tablecloth lay on the table. I HAD TO buy the new book "Pretty & Cozy" from Bareroots.
Two nice pillows on a shelf in the sewing class room.
A basket and a star quilt (below) decorating the class room wall.
Beatutiful glasses for candlelights perhaps....?


Kathrine and her co-workers have done a magnificent job with the new shop.
There is loads of inspiration everywhere!!!
Hearts made of buttons. Great ide!!
Beautifully done quilt!
Beautiful square in a square-quilt in the chair. I would love to make this.....!
Potholders with a cherry-cake.
A pillowcase or baby blanket for the baby carriage.
Alphabet-quilt made of delicious fabrics.
It's not possible to walk out without buying at least some fabrics. Here are some of the bolts of fabrics.......Kathrine also have a large quantity of patterns and books to tempt you with....
Temptations everywhere.....
Red hearts, not only for christmas.
Display in front of the window.
Kathrine know how to keep her customers happy and inspired. Look at this christmas corner!The displays are always fresh and tempting.
I love this pillow. Needless to say I bought the pattern.....
Shelf with a lot of goodies for homedecorating.
New block of the month,"Sunshine Frolics":0)
It is a great quilt, with many amazing stitcheries. This beautiful quilt has been made by Helle Løvenskiold.
Another beautiful quilt.

"Åttebladrose-quilt"
A last picture from Kathrines Quilte Stue. I hope Ruth and I will take a trip to her shop in the near future :-). Take care!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails