Monday 9 February 2009

Trip to Lofoten and Vesterålen

I had to wait for my PET scan a month last year. Instead of waiting for my appointment at home, I decided to visit my mother. We had a lovely time in Lofoten. She has been a great comfort for me and my family during my period of sickness.
All of the pictures are taken with another camera (I got a new one last April) and are one year old. But I want to share them with you.
My mother at a local café in Leknes.

We rented a car and drove to my mothers birthplace; Melbu in Vesterålen.
First we went shopping in Svolvær. We missed the ferry and had to wait for another one for nearly two hours.... :-(
But the nature is gorgeous!!!!
During Desember and January the North of Norway is missing real daylight. These polar nights is fascinating time of the year.
The rental with my mother waiting for the ferry.
We stayed at my mothers cousine Arvid and his welcoming wife Torill.
Arvid and my mother. Every time we visit Arvid and Torill it feels like coming home.
Aunt Helga's home.
The view from their yard. Breathtaking.
My grandmother lived in this house until she was too sick to live alone. This was the first time for me to se the house after it was sold. A little mournful for me.....
My mother grew up in this house. A cousine of hers has renovated it. Very cosy!!
The house in Melbuskogen from a different angle.
On the ferry back again. My mother enjoys a cup of coffee.
Melbu.
This picture is taken at 3 o'clock in the afternoon!
Taken during the ferry-ride.
North view. Amazing mountains.
View towards south.
Beautiful sight.
A part of Lofoten islands.
My father rests here.
Ballstad in Lofoten.
The sea was very calm this day. Every day isn't always like that.....!!

Look at the mountains!!
Another view of Ballstad.
And another....




Catch sight of the sun.

My oldest sister Anne is hounting for a holiday resort. This would be perfect.
We bought halibut in a fish-shop in Ballstad and experienced a new café nextdoor to the fish-shop. They sold waffles with jam and sour cream. Mmmmmmmm!
I spotted this tablecloth in a quiltstore in Leknes.


2 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

Such BEAUTIFUL photos. I would love to visit someday. Absolutely breathtaking. Thank you for sharing. ooxx`jodi

Sølvis blog said...

Takk for turen. Koselig å se bilder fra nordafra igjen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails